Image Map

Thursday, March 20, 2014

What is the goal of your life? Part I

*This post has been edited for clarity.

What can I say...I have a thing for multiple posts.

My last post was pretty taxing on my little 'ol brain...this is how I felt after all my research into it...


So here is something a little more simple to dwell on.  

Heidelberg Catechism Question 49:: How does Christ's ascension to heaven benefit us?

A:: First, he pleads our cause in heaven in the presence of his Father. 
      Second, we have our own flesh in heaven -- a guarantee that Christ our head will take us, his members, to himself in heaven.
      Third, he sends his Spirit to us on earth as a further guarantee.  By the Spirit's power we make the goal of our lives, not earthly things, but the things above where Christ is, sitting at God's right hand.

Colossians 3:1-4  "If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.  Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.  For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory..."

Did I say this was a more simple post?  Oops!  Misleading much??  BWAHAHA...

What is the goal of your life?  Are you dwelling on earthly things?  Or are you dwelling on the One who sits at the right hand of God the Father.  Seek the things that are above.

1 comment:

  1. This seems to be a life long battle for the christian: keeping our eyes on heaven, laying our treasures up there. For me, it has meant making some very life changing decisions. My husband and I sold our business so that we could use the time we had invested in it to invest in our church. I changed my entire writing life so that I could write things to encourage my church and other Christians giving up on a wider world based audience. Both times the Lord has blessed me far and above anything I could have planned on, and He has forgiven my fears and proved Himself faithful.

    ReplyDelete